DOWNLOAD: GNH WF Method and Optimization of GNH Resources by Dr. Mukund M. Moharir
GNH Weightage Factor (WF) Method is a mathematical procedure useful in the following cases:
- To identify relative importance (weightage) the surveyed population is knowingly/unknowingly attaching to each surveyed Domain while answering the Cantril Ladder Questionnaire (Subjective Happiness Survey).
- To compute for every Domain optimum distribution of the current GNH budget and also of the added budget under various optimum allocation schemes.
- To compute the extra GNH budget required to enhance the current GNH to the desired value and to calculate optimum distribution of the extra budget amongst different Domains.
- To compute under various optimization schemes the new GNH number when the budget of some Domain(s) is changed by certain percentage.
- To identify Paradigm Shift (PS) and Prime Movers of Happiness (PMH) situations in the available survey data.
- To compute the change in GNH value when the surveyor uses his/her own WF numbers for the Domains.
- To eliminate the effect of arbitrary nature of GNH Index procedure deciding “who is happy and who is not”.
- To identify Cantril Ladder GNH part not explained by GNH Index procedure.
The following two available survey data are used to illustrate WF Method procedures:
(1) Bhutan GNH survey data (Reference 1)
(2) Thailand GNH survey data (Reference 2).